Microsoft Excel is actually a popular & powerful program used for data survey & documentation. In case your MS Excel Keep Crashing on Windows 11/10, so don’t fret; now let us help you guys with the best methods to fix this common issue. Not many Windows users have reported this awful technical issue. According to users, once setting up tasks just like calculations & data maintenance, MS Excel crashes into their system & doesn’t even answer their commands. In this article, we’ll provide the possible fixes to fix MS Excel crashing on Windows 10 or Windows 11.
- 1 Fix MS Excel Crashing on Windows 10/11
- 1.1 Reboot Excel in Safe Mode
- 1.2 Clear Add-ins from MS Excel
- 1.3 Newest Update Installation
- 1.4 Conditional Formatting Rules
- 1.5 Remove Many Cells Formatting & Styles
- 1.6 Remove the Microsoft Excel Animation
- 1.7 Check Conflicting Processes/Programs
- 1.8 Repair MS Office Package
- 1.9 Reinstall Microsoft Office
- 1.10 Related
Fix MS Excel Crashing on Windows 10/11
Definitely, it can be frustrating for you once MS Excel creates such a problem which can lead to XLS/XLSX files corruption, risk of data loss, & lots of more. Many causes are here for the same problem, just like outdated Excel applications, add-ins incompatibility, etc. Regardless here, we have mentioned a few fixes to control the MS Excel Keep Crashing on Windows 11/10. Now let’s see these fixes.
Reboot Excel in Safe Mode
Well, just as a first resort to fix the MS excel crashing problem is running the MS Excel in Safe Mode. This will permit you in order to run the program with limited functions & bypass add-ins. To do so, must follow these steps,
- Exit the Excel sheet.
- Here you should create a shortcut for Excel on the desktop.
- Go to the Excel program by pressing & holding the Ctrl button.
- In case a prompt appears, tap on Yes to make sure.
You can set Excel in safe mode in another way; go to the Run dialog box by pressing Windows +R, type “Excel/Safe” & tap the “Enter” button. This can also support you to fix the issue; in case not, move to the next solution.
Clear Add-ins from MS Excel
Crashing glitches on MS Excel can occur with faulty add-ins, which can negatively affect the program’s effectiveness. Below is the best fix is disabling the Add-ins from your MS Excel. To do this, you should follow these steps:
- Head to the MS Excel program, head to it, choose File, and tap on Options.
- Then choose the Add-ins
- Tap on the scroll-down box beside Manage and choose COM Add-ins. Press on the Go option.
- Tap the Okay button just after unticking all the boxes.
- For checking the problem is resolved, then reopen the excel.
- In case all is fine & Microsoft Excel probably not be getting crashing or freezing glitches. Go to COM add-ins & enable one add-in once.
- Reboot the Excel file. Redo the same steps in all add-ons in order to find the difficult one. When found, remove that particular add-in from the Excel.
Newest Update Installation
Another fix to tackle the MS Excel crashing glitches is installing the newest Windows updates. Windows Update not only offers the OS an upgraded look, however, also solves the apps that are having issues with the OS such as MS Office. Likewise, you guys can update your MS Excel. To do so, must follow these steps:
- Go to MS Office and choose the File and go to Account option
- Now under the Product Information section, choose Update Options & tap on Update Now.
- Once done, reboot the system and check if the said glitch is fixed or not.
The Update process will probably be time-consuming; thus, after completing it, check if the problem is still in queue to frustrate you.
Conditional Formatting Rules
In case you experience a crashing issue on a specific sheet, you will need to clear the “Conditional Formatting Rules” to fix the problem. This fix has helped lots of users. To do so, must follow these steps:
- Go to the problematic Excel sheet & choose Home. Search Conditional Formatting in the excel sheet.
- By Scroll-down list, choose the Clear Rules option for proceeding along with clear rules from the complete excel sheet.
- Head to the File and tap on the option Save. You can also save the excel sheet in a recent folder as new.
- Check whether the issue is fixed or still there.
Important Note: Do the same above steps on all sheets where you guys experience a similar issue.
Remove Many Cells Formatting & Styles
Occasionally once editing an Excel workbook & also sharing it across various platforms, lots of cells probably be formatted disparately, which can cause issues just like freezing & as well as crashing the Excel sheet.
Also see: How To Download HP Thunderbolt G2 Dock Drivers On Windows 11 PC
A similar issue can take place when a workbook has lots of worksheets with various formatting. All you guys must have to do here is clear the various cell styles & formats; Just after clearing all the formatting, go to the Excel on your system and check for enhancement.
Remove the Microsoft Excel Animation
As per some users, removing the animations in the MS Excel workbook supported them in discarding the crashing glitch. Well, putting on animations in Excel requires excess power & processing resources. Therefore, you guys need to remove the animation feature in Excel & also check for enhancement. To do so:
- Set up the Excel Sheet, Choose File, and tap on Options
- Now inside the Excel Options window, choose Advanced from the left pane menu & tick the option on the other hand Disable hardware graphics acceleration animation just under the Display section.
- Once completed, then tap on OK and reboot the system and check if the said issue is fixed or not.
Check Conflicting Processes/Programs
Lots of programs & services commence automatically once you guys boot Windows. Occasionally these methods cause an error in your Excel app. In this situation, you guys just need to perform the chosen startup or clean boot your system to fix the issue; then, only the app will run successfully. To do so, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Type System Configuration in the search box & go to the relevant search result.
- Then inside the System Configuration window, simply tick before the option Hide all Microsoft services. Tap on Disable all options.
- Tap on the Apply & OK button.
- Move to the Startup tab & choose the Open Task Manager link.
- In the Task Manager window, choose the Startup tab. Simply from the list of services, choose the item you guys need to disable.
- Right-click on it & tap Disable option easily from the drop-down menu.
- Leave the Task Manager, open up the System Configuration window & tap on the OK button.
- Once completed, reboot the system and check if the said problem is fixed or not.
Repair MS Office Package
Occasionally repairing the MS Office package probably helps you to fix the MS Excel crashing & as well as freezing problem. To do so:
- Press Windows + R at the same time to go to the Run dialog box, then type appwiz.cpl, and tap on OK
- Now inside the Programs & Features window, you should drop down and also right-click over Microsoft Office and tap on Change.
- Here inside the recently opened dialog box tap on Quick repair.
- Tap on the Repair button just from the bottom of the dialog box.
- Once done, reboot the system & also check if the said issue is fixed or not.
Reinstall Microsoft Office
Whether none of the above-mentioned solutions helped you, at that time you will need to uninstall & reinstall the MS Office, which will probably help you to fix the crashing glitch in MS Excel. To do so, you should follow these steps:
- You should close all the Microsoft apps.
- Type control in the search box & then go to the Control Panel from the search result.
- Choose the Programs and Features option & tap on Uninstall a program
- From the list of apps, choose Microsoft Office and tap on Uninstall.
- In case a prompt appears on the screen, then you should tap on Yes to continue the uninstallation method.
- When you guys have uninstalled the MS Office, then you should reinstall it from a reliable source.
Well, Guys! We are 100% sure that any of the above-mentioned solutions will help you to fix the same problem.
In addition to the above-listed solutions, you can use Excel inbuilt Open & Repair utility in order to fix the crashing issue in your Excel. Whether you have any questions or feedback, write down a comment in the below box.
Leave a Reply