Well, Zoom is not just like many other apps. Apps such as Zoom (video calling solutions) tend to use more bandwidth as well. You guys may think that you guys will be fine if you guys have a decent internet connection that plays Netflix as well as YouTube videos without even any trouble and you guys may be right for the most part, however, not always. In this article, we’ll show you how you can check connection speed on Zoom.
How to check connection speed on Zoom
Connection speed on Zoom
We all now assume that the internet speed we also get whenever we. Such as, streaming a video on YouTube or you guys can also download a game on Steam that is the same. This may also not be the case if;
- Your ISP throttles bandwidth basically based on the type of internet traffic
- Zoom’s actually own servers are slow as well as having connection or congestion problems
- Your internet’s speed may also be fine but Zoom isn’t able to use it as well.
Check connection speed on Zoom
In order to check the connection speed on Zoom, then you guys must first know what your internet speed currently is.
- You have to visit SpeedTest.net.
- Then tap on Go.
- Just note the download as well as upload speed when the test completes.
Next, you guys have to start a Zoom meeting. You can try a test call as well as you can do this when you are in a meeting. It will not interrupt the meeting as well.
- You can start a test call as well as join a Zoom meeting.
- When the meeting has started, and head to the main Zoom app window.
- Tap on the Cogwheel button at the top right in order to open the app’s settings.
- Head to the Statistics tab.
- Now, you have to look for Bandwidth and you guys will see the speed you’re getting.
- Head to the Audio, Video, and Screen Sharing tabs one by one in order to see the quality of the connection.
Improve connection speed
If your Zoom meeting is patchy, then you can try a few things in order to get faster. As well as a more stable connection within just the limits of your actual internet speed.
- Quit other apps that also may use the internet.
- You can make sure the Zoom app is also up to date.
- Now just rejoin the meeting.
If you guys keep on getting slow download speeds in Zoom. Then ask your ISP if the traffic is throttled as well. There may also be a special plan you need to upgrade to in order to get better internet speed for video call apps as well. You guys can check if the same problem occurs along with other video conferencing tools such as Google Meet as well as Microsoft Teams. If not, then just the slow internet connection may be a Zoom-specific issue as well. You guys can try reinstalling the app, then make sure you don’t have any network utilities installed that are interfering along with the connection, and that you guys are not using a VPN in order to connect to Zoom as well.